• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Motor 28 or 29?

Started by Touring29, March 31, 2023, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Touring29

The motor I mentioned in the previous post has this #You cannot view this attachment.
It has a 4 1/4" stroke which is correct for a 29. The seller said his car was a 29. I am thinking its a 29 motor made in late 28. I pulled the head and it has no scoring and very little ring groove. I pulled the side cover and its pretty sludged up in there. The bore isn't standard according to a pair of calipers. I'll mic it later to see what it is. I think it was a inframe rebuild. Back then they bored motors with a portable boring bar and never pulled them out of the car.

What do Y'all think?

chetbrz

Definitely a 29U. The 29 U engine started with serial number U999 and ran to U110000

The 28Q was a Maxwell engine.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Russ T. Fender

Looks like you should be able to salvage some waffle washers from that rear end!

Touring29

Quote from: Russ T. Fender on March 31, 2023, 05:55:18 PMLooks like you should be able to salvage some waffle washers from that rear end!
Yep when we were loading it up my wife said "look waffle washers"! How many women know what a waffle washer is?