• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

29 U 4dr dome light bulb replacement

Started by Tim29U, April 19, 2023, 05:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim29U

Please, don't judge my mechanical abilities by this question but:  how do you remove the dome light cover to replace the bulb?   I tried briefly, but it didn't pop off or unscrew, so I stopped.   Something so simple, but I don't want to crack it if there is a special trick.  Thanks,    tim

Touring29

I can't help you I have no dome or light ;)You cannot view this attachment.  but stopping and asking before you break a brittle nearly 100 year old piece is wise on your part.

Tim29U

Wow, very nice!   Your face must get sore smiling to all the people who are looking at your car!

Touring29

If you are down to fixing your dome light on one of these old girls your car must be pretty nice! How about some pictures? The forum needs traffic and we all love Model U's

Tim29U

Good morning,

I do have pictures posted in a different forum but I'll try to add an attachment here.  Obviously, this is an unrestored U.  It's had an easy life, owned by the same family since 1958, with about 1/2 of that time sitting in the Wisconsin Auto Museum in Hartford.  My mom's deceased husband purchased the car in 58.  I did some mechanical work on it in the early 80's, in preparation for a local centennial parade and car show.

chetbrz

If you have the same dome light as I do, there is a spring steel ring holding the glass in place.  You will need to gently pry the retainer out and then the glass will come out.  PS don't drop it.

See Picture:

You cannot view this attachment.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Tim29U

perfect picture, thanks for taking the time to get a picture and add arrows.

Tim

chetbrz

Quote from: Tim29U on April 21, 2023, 11:33:14 AMperfect picture, thanks for taking the time to get a picture and add arrows.

Tim

You're welcome, Chet
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Marc28plym