• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Our first wedding with the Plymouth

Started by Touring29, April 30, 2023, 11:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Touring29

Our daughters second daughter got married Saturday and we were ask to deliver the bride and take the couple from the reception. It was in field close to where she was raised and has dreamed of getting married there all her life. Needless to say it rained all week and even into Friday evening which also had temps in the 50's. That is totally unreal in Texas in April!

Saturday it warmed up and the wind howled all day drying out the field nicely. The wedding was @7Pm and the wind died allowing everything to be set up. My oldest son dressed in 20's attire delivered the bride to a unexpecting crowd. A really cool moment was about halfway through the ceremony a owl that was very nearby hooted his "Who Who"  It was truly a magical moment! That is what we bought the car for! After the reception which was in the same location he took them away (about a half a mile). I don't have many pictures but here is one I took of the escape and one of their chauffer and his wife.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

Russ T. Fender

Glad the weather cooperated and everything went well. Outdoor weddings can be nerve racking but when they work out they're great.  The car looked good too!

chetbrz

Great Job and nice photos.  My weekend was a wash.  Literality!!  Glad it all worked out.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Marc28plym

What a fabulous event!  Thanks for sharing. 

ski

Beautiful car! Looks like a great time.

Touring29

The professional photographer took this. I think its pretty cool. I wish I knew how to photoshop the wedding stuff  and shadows out
You cannot view this attachment.

chetbrz

Really nice picture. 

Congratulations, Chet
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Touring29

If you notice there are three holes in the windshield frame for a wiper. I wish I could find one!

chetbrz

Search on Ford model A T for open body cars.  Probably a Trico setup for an open car.  Actually that is what I am using on my 29 sedan. The on/off is on the Trico motor.

You will need to do some research to find a best fit. Is there a vacuum line going to the windshield.

Russ T. Fender

The open car wiper motor has the on off switch integral with the wiper motor while the closed cars have a switch on the dashboard.  If I remember correctly the spacing of the mounting screws is pretty standard so you should be able to find a wiper motor fairly easily.  I have a few but they are for closed cars. I believe the vacuum line on the 30-U roadster I used to own was plumbed with a hard line to the windshield stantion and a flex line from there to the wiper motor so the windshield could fold out but I haven't owned that car since 1968 so I may be wrong.

Touring29

Quote from: chetbrz on May 16, 2023, 03:00:37 PMSearch on Ford model A T for open body cars.  Probably a Trico setup for an open car.  Actually that is what I am using on my 29 sedan. The on/off is on the Trico motor.

You will need to do some research to find a best fit. Is there a vacuum line going to the windshield.
There are no vacuum lines going anywhere on our car. There is a pipe plug in the intake where one could go. The fuel pump tank contraption it has is not hooked up to anything but its a vacuum operated one not one that uses oil pressure. I have took it apart and cleaned and replaced the gaskets but haven't tried it yet. I am guessing the plugged hole in the intake was hooked to the fuel pump at one time. I guess it could have had a T in to go to both. I wouldn't really care if the wiper worked as we won't ever drive this car in the rain. I just don't like the empty holes.

Touring29

I know this is a old thread but I have to correct myself. I now realize the original fuel pump uses vacuum that is generated by the oil pump. I never thought about a oil pump producing anything but pressure. Our car has a Stewart Warner fuel pump so its been replaced at some time. I wonder if the vacuum signal from the oil pump would run it. If I am not mistaken the SW pumps were plumed to manifold vacuum. I am also a little skeptical  of having the suction side of the oil pump plumed so that if the tank malfunctioned it could fill the crankcase with gas.

I am still working on the motor or to be more exact cleaning and painting.

chetbrz

The Stewart Warner vacuum pump is designed for intake manifold pressure and shouldn't be connected to the oil pump. If not using the Kingston pump the oil pump vacuum port should be plugged.  Any vacuum line larger than 1/8" will cause oil pressure to drop. I would explain more but typing with one fat finger on an iPhone.  :)

Touring29

Quote from: chetbrz on July 23, 2023, 09:10:56 AMThe Stewart Warner vacuum pump is designed for intake manifold pressure and shouldn't be connected to the oil pump. If not using the Kingston pump the oil pump vacuum port should be plugged.  Any vacuum line larger than 1/8" will cause oil pressure to drop. I would explain more but typing with one fat finger on an iPhone.  :)

That's what I need to know. The vacuum port on the pump is already capped so I'll just leave it that way and go to the intake. I'm going to get it back running with the electric then switch to the vacuum fuel pump when I get everything back together.