• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Shipping to Australia - what is best method?

Started by 29UJohn, May 01, 2024, 07:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

29UJohn

I need to ship a part from Alabama to Australia. Can anyone advise me on the least expensive method?
John
1929U 4 Dr

chetbrz

Sorry I have only been on the receiving end.

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Touring29

Since there is a fairly big drag racing and burnout contest community down under there is surely a way those guys get their parts. Think outside of the antique car world and check with people who ship stuff there often. They also ship cars there just to race in the summer there (winter here) and do so by putting them in a container. I don't know what you are shipping but there has to be a way that's cost effective or they couldn't do it.

Russ T. Fender

Don't know about Australia but I have been shipping things to Germany recently and after checking with all the international outfits it turned out that the USPS was the cheapest by far.  They will take packages up to 70 pounds.  The cost varies depending on the weight and size of the package and there is a limit on the overall size of the package so you have to use those variables to calculate the actual cost.  If what you are sending isn't too large or heavy they also offer what they call a large flat rate box that you can use for things that will fit in it and weigh 20 pounds or less. 

Articifer Tom

There is also something called Royal Postal though Washington state .