• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Getting the 29 U ready for the summer ...

Started by chetbrz, May 13, 2008, 09:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

I am getting the 29 U ready for the summer driving season:

Original refurbished radiator ready for installation.

I can't wait to give her a crank...

Kingston Vacuum fuel pump ready for installation:

I purchased some reproduction floor pads for the pedals and the shifter form Steel Rubber.  These are well worth the money and are excellent reproductions.   I will also redo the toe board and install repro rubber floor matting.

I have lots of other little things to fix like installing the new Steel Rubber windshield molding and fixing the broken passenger side window.  I hope to be back on the road before Father's Day.  I am excited about getting the old girl out on the open road again in a little better condition then she was the year before.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Doug

Chet, How do you like the floor pads. I have been looking at them. I have my originals but they are dried out and warped. Is it very hard for you to get your floor board up to reach the battery. I have a small rectanglar hole I can lift out to check the water but to get the hole floor out is a job

chetbrz

Quote from: Doug on May 14, 2008, 08:59:46 AM
Chet, How do you like the floor pads. I have been looking at them. I have my originals but they are dried out and warped. Is it very hard for you to get your floor board up to reach the battery. I have a small rectanglar hole I can lift out to check the water but to get the hole floor out is a job

Doug,

I too have a rectangular hole that allows you to access the battery.   I am not removing the floor just installing a new toe board.  The piece that goes from the floor to the firewall.  I will be putting down rubber mating in the front of the car and for the time being leaving the rear as is. 

My floor is not original and the previous owner laid down tong & grove oak flooring.  Since it is stained and varnished it actually looks real nice especially in the back.  The floor was redone a long time ago so it really has a vintage look to it.  For the 4-door sedan I believe the original floor was plywood with rubber flooring in the front and carpet in the back.

As for the Steel Rubber replacement pads I think they are excellent.  The one for the pedals was copied from an original 29-U item.  If you have a 1928-Q it has to be slightly modified to fit around the steering column.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member