• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Kingston Vacuum Tank Parts and Questions

Started by racertb, June 30, 2014, 11:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

All:

I have always had an electric fuel pump on my car (as well as my Dad when he had it for years) and I'm sure the Kingston tank would have to be rebuilt.  At this point, I just want it to look more correct than it is, with the option of rebuilding it later.  The only line hooked up to it is the vacuum line coming off of the oil pump; the other lines are incorrect and there is a small line that I just took off that seemed to go nowhere.  From looking at other posts, I think I know how everything hooks up.

Do you think there is a chance of a vacuum leak since the tank is not functioning and the line from the oil pump is still hooked up?  I really don't believe there is, but just asking anyway.

Also, if anyone has a top elbow piece that the fuel line would go into, please let me know.

Current set up look:

This is definitely wrong...the old, original fuel line coming from the gas tank (what's left of it) attached to the bottom of the tank:

Top of tank...small line that goes nowhere.  This has been like this for many years as tank has not been used:

Small line removed...this is not the wiper line, as that comes directly off the intake and is separate:

chetbrz

The vacuum line should run from the oil pump to the vacuum tank.  The oil pump provides the correct amount of vacuum which is dependent on RPM and the design of the pump.  It is not suppose to be connected to the intake.   If you are taking vacuum from the intake that is incorrect and should be plugged especially with a none functional tank.

Chet..
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

racertb

Chet:

My vacuum line does come off the oil pump to the top of the tank.  That is the only thing hooked up correctly to the tank.  The line I have coming off the intake goes through the fire wall and up and over to the wiper motor. 

Do you know of any spare parts, specifically the elbow fittings, for the top of the Kingston tank?

Thanks...

Ted

chetbrz

Quote from: racertb on June 30, 2014, 10:47:49 PM
Do you know of any spare parts, specifically the elbow fittings, for the top of the Kingston tank?

Thanks...

Ted

If you are looking for fittings to attach the gas line to the top of the tank,  I have found the type fittings used on our hydraulic lines in a store that deals with industrial hydraulic & pneumatic fittings.  The old fittings on our cars are still used on some industrial machines but in our modern world I believe these are used primarily on pneumatic systems.  A shop that has been in existence for many years can probably fix you up with suitable fittings or substitutes to switch over to a modern gas line fitting.   Of course the line going to the carburetor comes from the bottom of the tank.

PS, I wouldn't try removing the elbows because you may damage the tank.  My suggestion would be to try to find fittings or adaptors to make things work again. If that is your intention.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

racertb