• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Fuel Line ? Steel or Copper

Started by Articifer Tom, March 31, 2019, 03:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Articifer Tom

My steel fuel line needs replacing , not sure if it is original . Changes  to copper going thur frame in front before going up onto fuel pump .  Thought anyone , It is my '31Dodge  with PA 4 cyl engine .

racertb

If I were re-doing mine, I would use copper/nickel alloy tubing which is readily available almost everywhere...has the copper look for the most part.

frankp

I have steel, which believe is original.  Of course this doesn't mean yours was.  The Dodge boys on AACA should know.
frank p

Russ T. Fender

The gas line on my 30-U is original and is steel.  It runs to the vacuum tank on the firewall unlike your set up with a fuel pump but using copper tubing for a fuel line may not be the best choice in any event as it can work harden from vibration and crack over time.

Articifer Tom

Thanks all . Found it is original steel and had another splice in frame center . It changes to copper at front  for the reason you listed Russ . Checked on another truck of same vintage un restored .
    Got new steel today to put back .