• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

IT DRIVES!!

Started by crelledge, June 27, 2020, 02:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crelledge

No questions or anything in this post for the moment... just had to let you all know that tonight, for the first time since 1972, our 30-U drove around the block under its own power! It was an amazing feeling and made all those days where you didn’t feel like you are actually accomplishing anything totally worth it. Today I managed to put in a new rebuild kit for the master cylinder, cut a temporary plywood floorboard, mount and wire the dash, and take it for a (short) drive. Obviously still miles and miles to go with the interior, body fitment, paint, door/window actuators, wipers, etc... But it’s a  huge milestone to know that this car’s got its groove back. Y’all have helped me a ton with it too, so thank y’all so much! I’ve really grown to like the community here and how helpful everyone is. Anyway, it’s now beer o’clock.

Happy Friday Y’all

-Roper from TX

chetbrz

Congratulations on a major milestone.  As the saying goes. "How Sweet it is"
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

racertb

Articifer Tom

Great ! but you know the old adage it didn't happen without pics .  ;)

frankp

Thrilling!  You've taken me back to 1966.   frank
frank p

Marc28plym

Congratulations!  So very happy for you.