• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Brighter head lights

Started by Gary 30U, March 16, 2011, 03:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary 30U

Some time ago there wer a couple threads that dealt with headlights, wireing etc.

One way that I improved my lights on my 30U was to have the reflectors done by UVIRA with a powdered aluminum and glass coating. A little costly, but permanent and very effective.

But the other thing that helped was to ground the actual light socket. I went inside the buckets and attached a ground wire to each of the actual light bulb sockets. I ran that wire down through the headlight bucket attachment bolt into the headlight bar. I did have to drill a small hole up throught the attachment bolt. This wire was then run inside the wire harness down to under the center crossmember. Here I took the wire out and attached it directly to the frame. Just a way to get a good positive ground without trying to get through all the paint joints.

It worked for me and may help someone else.

Gary

Tinkeys

Hi Gary !
Just read this thread on headlights and sounds very logical , I would like to use this idea.

Tinkeys

Hi Gary !
Does this place have a web sight ?