• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Fuel Pump rebuild

Started by Gary 30U, September 16, 2011, 11:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary 30U

Anyone know someone who is good at rebuilding the fuel pump for the 30U?

Found a couple on the internet, but would like a reference for someone you know about not just an ad.

Thanks, Gary

Tinkeys

Hi Gary !
If you are handy with basic tools and can find a service kit it's not to difficult , it's a pity we are so far apart I would do it for you.
Just saw a complete new old stock pump on eBay not 2 days ago it's gone now though !!

Tinkeys

Hi Gary !
Did you have any luck with fuel pump ? If not send me a spare and i am confident i can rebuild it with later internals .
Cheers Tony.

Gary 30U

Hi Guys, Yes I got mine done. But it was not an esay task. I wanted it done ASAP as I had a tour that week end. Overnighted a kit in and took it to Philbin in Portland to get done. Well they didn't get it right and ended up breaking the housing. Got a later model pump from a local guy and replaced the dome and bowl myself to get it on the road. BUT, it works just fine.

I found that I have a local fellow (Portland, OR), Doug Crawford who has Elderly Auto, that has a lot of old Mopar parts, and more reference materials than I could even image. If you need something give him a call at 503-913-5093.

Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers.

Happy Motoring,

Gary