• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Spark plug wires

Started by Wrench29, June 03, 2012, 03:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrench29

I still have the original (?) quite long plug wires; however, they are old, cracked and brittle. I want to replace them and went to a parts shop. They tell me that newer wires are thicker and would send a hotter spark than I require.  What have any of you done regarding replacement wires? I can use what I have as far as starting it, but will need new ones to make it reliable. Advice needed.

SDGlenn

I ended up going to my local John Deere dealership. They had all the metal plug ends, boots for both ends, and the wire type plug wires in bulk. They fixed me right up. and reasonable, less than a ten spot. It may or maynot look like original equipment, but works.
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Wrench29

WOW.  Great tip!  Thank you!  We have a JDeere here in town.

Rusty

I do not know if these are correct or not but they look like they would be.  I got the lacquare cover solid core wires from a place called vintage wiring of maine.  I got the brass cap that slides over the top of the plug and then the nob that screws on.   I just like the look of such.
rusty

Rusty

SDGlenn

I don't know what the original wire set up would look like But yours look great Rusty. Sure looks original to me.
If someone has an "original looking" set (that they are sure is original) I surely would love to see what it looks like.
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Rusty

Are you around this Sunday afternoon sdglen

Rusty

SDGlenn

Yes, I should be here. If no answer at the door go around to the back yard, I maybe will be trying to catch a Walleye, or what ever bites. lol
SD  Glenn
SDGlenn

Gary 30U

I had a set of those fabric colored spark plug wires on my 30U and Earl told me that they were not right. I got the plain black rubber ones.

They may be correct for the 28-29, I didn't ask.

Sure think they looks great with the yellow fabric.

If anyone wants a set (already cut) I have them available. No ends on them.

Gary, Happy Motoring