• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

New Guy

Started by SteveG, July 17, 2013, 06:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveG

Greetings,

What a fantastic Site!

I love cars, but I have been into '50's and '60's Mopars. That is since I met Amelia. She's a '28 Business coupe that needs a home and a lot of TLC.

I traded a '80 Hadley Jiggleson FLHC for her about 2 months ago and am fixing her up.

The pic was when I picked her up on my birthday in May

So far I've rebuilt the carb, changed all fluids. The throwout bearing was worn out and will replace the tranny with the new bearing installed tomorrow.. I will install the drive shaft as soon as I find the washers that go between the discs.

What a great car and I look forward to becoming a useful member of this site.

I'll post more pics as soon as I get her out of the garage and back on the road.

SteveG

frankp

Welcome, Steve.

Nice looking car!  Know you will enjoy it.  I wish I had a lead for the u-joint disc washers you need, but I don't.

frank
frank p

chetbrz

Welcome Steve,

Nice car !!  I think that once you get her running you might find that life in the slow lane isn't all that bad.   Some even think that cars went down hill once they put steel wheels on them.

Good Luck,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Old Man

In case you don't know what the washers look like this is one. It's called a 'wave washer' and if my scan doesn't show it, those are waves in it. The other guys will chime in,but I seem to remember that castilated nuts are used ,with cotter pins, or a continuous safe wire threaded through the castle nuts and bolts. The washer is 1 3/8" across and the hole is 7/16"  

Gary 30U

Hi, Glad to see you and your 28.

I have some of the washers if you need a few.

Let me know at chiefgr@hotmail.com as I am not on this site every day.

Happy Motoring,

Gary

aussieQ

Welcome to the site Steve,
I'm sure you'll really enjoy your vintage motoring experiences.
Look forward to your future posts.

Gary S

imoore

Hi steve
Welcome to the forum.
Nice car. You will have a ball with it when on the road. i absoulutly love my touer. rain or shine just keeps on going and stops too. Unlike our ford friends lol.
If you have any questions i am sure someone on here will have an answer.

Ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

SteveG

Quote from: Gary 30U on July 18, 2013, 10:07:06 PM
Hi, Glad to see you and your 28.

I have some of the washers if you need a few.

Let me know at chiefgr@hotmail.com as I am not on this site every day.

Happy Motoring,

Gary

Gary,
I sent you an email!
Steve

SteveG

Hi Gary,
I never recieved your email on this board, unless I don't know how to retieve.
I'll send you a PM now.
Thanx,
Steve

SteveG

Thank you all for the help.

I have secured the wave washers, universal flange,and discs with the help of your suggestions.

Great site!

SteveG