• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Carter carb

Started by imoore, November 23, 2013, 06:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imoore

Hi all
I recently purchased a carter drt08. Its in very good condition. Has already had brass stand pipe and cone. It also has a good accelerator pump. Which needs a new seal. What have you guys been using as a replacment. I realy don't want to buy a seal kit. In my opionion there to expensive for what they include.  So far i have made my own gaskets. But just need something for pump.
I also have an original air cleaner which is in poor condition. I hopefully will be make a copy of it.

Thanks ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

Gary 30U

Ian,

Carburetor Exchange, 1636 North 43rd Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85009, USA, phone has kits and when I got mine for a DRT08 they were not at all unreasonable.

Another you might try is The Carburetor Shop, LLC., 204 East 15th Street, Eldon, Missouri, USA phone 573-392-7378, or www.thecarburetorsop.com

Or maybe Bob Clark in Virginia, USA Email at bobclark1@verizon.net or bobcark2@gmail.com He rebuilds them and sells on eBay.

If these don't work for you I have a list of 3 or 4 more to try.

If you are going to change to a more modern carb I would like a chance to get you DRT-08, as I would like a spare.

Happy Motoring, Gary R.

imoore

Hi gary.
Thanks for those locations. Will give them a try. The problem with the price is once u include postage and conversion they are close to $70aus. All i need one just to get a seal for accel pump. Its just not worth it.
Sorry but its not forsale. I brought it to convert modern to original.

Thanks ian

Gary 30U

Ian,

Which accelerator pump do you have, the long or short?

Maybe I could get the seal for you and just send it as a letter if that would be cheaper.

Checked on the computer, and it looks like a letter would be like $2.50 US.

Gary R.

29plycoop

Just wondering where the seal for a short carb fuel pump is available? Can you get it alone or do you have to buy the full kit? Thanks Rich
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

imoore

Rich
Thats what i would like to know also. I don't need all the other stuff in the kit. Just the seal for pump.
By the way its a short pump
Ian

Old Man

I purchased this kit many years ago when I was still working. I believe in Toronto but I don't remember where. I think I paid $30 or $40 for it. The O rings are fuel proof and of course oil and grease proof. I have used them to seal all sorts of old grease fittings and areas in and on carbs that they couldn't seal originally except using cork or paper. I've even put them in places where grease or oil was leaking through and there was no seal originally. Just a thought to help fix some of the poor sealing on our old Plymouths.  

aussieQ

Hi Ian,

Glad to hear you were able to get a Brass bowel carby. Did you find it in OZ or O/S. I recieved a brass bowel carby kit from Texas a couple of weeks ago. All up with postage to OZ it cost $45US.
Will you be at Rokeby on Sunday? If so I'll take it with me so you can see whats in it.

GaryS

imoore

Hi gary
I brought it from bendigo swap.
Um whats at rokeby. Haven't received newsletter yet so not sure.
Do u have an email for the company you got it from. 
Ian

aussieQ

Ian,

the website is http://cowboyjohnsautoparts.com/ and his email is johnplaskanantique@hotmail.com he also has vac tank kits if you are after one of those. he's not in Texas he is in Florida. His name (cowboy John) confused me.

Sunday is the children's Christmas picnic at Rokeby (at the Sports ground) hosted this year by the Warragul car club. Always a good day and not far from your new address. Details are in the November Newsletter. If you didn't receive it see the electronic copy at http://www.dvhcc.com.au/images/Nov13mag.pdf

GaryS

imoore

I have just sent him an email. Will post prices.

Thanks for the details for sun. Will see u there. I wont meet at bunnings but at the robin hood inn.
Should be a good day.

Ian

aussieQ

Gary 30U

Thanks Aussie, this is a great site.

After a few more tries got all three to come up fine.

Always good to know of good resources like this. Hadn't heard of Mike's before.

Happy Motoring, Gary R.