• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

@@@ IMPORTANT UPGRADE Notice @@@

Started by chetbrz, February 06, 2014, 09:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

Completed  ;D

Please email me if you have any problems,    chetbrz@aol.com

"Good Change" is good,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Old Man

Hi Chet I see you've changed the "look" of the site. Everything is OK except for photos and I think my avatar. Beside my name at the top of the page I think my avatar should appear but I only see a box with a red X in it. On the post about the vacuum tanks I only got the 1st photo. The rest are all boxes with red X's in them. I notice if I click on the "title" of the photo I get a dialog box up that asks me if I want to open this file. I click again and the photo downloads. No problem really just the site didn't use to do it. Any ideas?  (I see my avatar is missing from this post)     

chetbrz

Old Man,

I am seeing your avatar.  Your browser caches old files so you may have to force a refresh.  Try hitting the refresh button on your browser and see if the problem goes away.  In the extreme you might have to delete old web pages.  I just finished and will poke around to check for any additional problems.  I know for some reason the small picture view from Franks last post didn't work.  But I didn't see it either with the old forum.  I hope this is an isolated issue.

I will check the new forum with a couple of other operating systems and browsers.  I have a few different ones available or at least the major ones.  Apple, Linux, Windows XP - 7, and 8.1, FoxPro and Safari for windows.

Test of Picture upload... below
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

imoore

Hi chet.
The new upgrade looks great. Have not come accross any problems. Seems fine.
You have done a great job.
Ian.
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

28Q29U

Quote from: imoore on February 07, 2014, 10:53:45 PM
Hi chet.
The new upgrade looks great. Have not come accross any problems. Seems fine.
You have done a great job.
Ian.

Ian,

That's good to hear, I have spent a little time this evening working out some minor setup issues.  I did find a few.  But things seem to be working OK now.

Chet...
Collect of Vehicular Lawn Ornaments.     http://1948plymouth.info

frankp

Chet,  Great job!  No issues so far.  Thank you.  frank
frank p

Old Man

Good morning Chet    F5 refresh doesn't change anything. Doing a "Disk Cleanup" also didn't change anything. Deleted your site from my "Favorites" and added your "new" site and that didn't change anything. Rebooted my computer after doing those things and that didn't change anything. Your avatar and the test photo show right away. No other person's avatar ,including my own, shows. Just a box with a red X. However as you can see posting works fine and I can see any other photos if I want by clicking on the photo's blue title. Don't go out of your way to fix this. I can use the site OK and may stumble on the problem in the next few days.     

Doug

Looks great. wish I had your computer skills

28Q29U

Quote from: Old Man on February 08, 2014, 08:32:28 AM
Good morning Chet    F5 refresh doesn't change anything. Doing a "Disk Cleanup" also didn't change anything. Deleted your site from my "Favorites" and added your "new" site and that didn't change anything. Rebooted my computer after doing those things and that didn't change anything. Your avatar and the test photo show right away. No other person's avatar ,including my own, shows. Just a box with a red X. However as you can see posting works fine and I can see any other photos if I want by clicking on the photo's blue title. Don't go out of your way to fix this. I can use the site OK and may stumble on the problem in the next few days.     

This forum is now using PNG thumbnail formats rather than GIF or JPG.  PNG stands for Portable Network Graphics (PNG) PNG images support a wide range of features, including lossless compression, a wide range of color support, and more advanced transparency options than its predecessors. The Portable Network Graphics format was created as a response to patent controversies surrounding the Graphics Interchange Format (GIF).  It was introduced in 1996. But you don't care about all that.

My first thought is that your computer is not recognizing the PNG file format.  Probably an easy fix once we determine what needs to be turned on or off.  Please do not post this info but email to me what type of computer you are using and the system.  i.e. Acer laptop running Windows 2000.  Then I will research a solution for you. 

chetbrz@aol.com
Collect of Vehicular Lawn Ornaments.     http://1948plymouth.info

racertb

Old Man

Test Test 1,2,3    FIXED!!  ;D ;D    Thanks Chet.

SteveG

Looks and works great.

Thank you.

SteveG

Gary 30U

Chet, This is so much better. Somethimes I would just get so frustrated at the old system I would just stay away for while until I just had to look. This is so fast and seemless it is great.

Thanks again and Happy Motoring

Gary

Tinkeys

Hi Guys !!
           Site looks better than before ! ive been of the site for a while, hardly done any work on any of my 2 cars should be getting back into them shortly , keep up good work Chet !