• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Front Gaurds

Started by 29roadster, June 28, 2011, 05:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

29roadster

Howdy guys  just got back from 4 weeks in Cambodia had a ball.
But back to work on 29 u My front gaurds have recess for parking lights is this a aussie thing because i have never seen them on any pics of the cars or could they be the wrong gaurds, does any one else have these lights.  Cheers  Glenn

chetbrz

A picture would be helpful in answering your question.  My 29 has the parking lights in the headlamp assembly.  There was no option for signal lights on these cars in 1929.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

aussieQ

Hi Glenn,

I've never noticed it on any 29's I've seen to date. Maybe a mod a previous owner had done just because he liked it.

Gary. 

29roadster

Here is a pic of my front guard the recess for the light fitting

29roadster

I read an article on 28--30 flat pac and assembled in the UK and they had to have parking lights on the front, problem is i carn't find that web page again has anyone come accross that info it was all about exporting Qs & Us. The pressed section on my guards looks original and if not they sure did a good job on it. ??? Glenn