• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Wind up wind screen

Started by Tinkeys, January 21, 2011, 03:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkeys

Thank you Doug and Gary !!
Looks like windscreen attaches  to outer wheels at each end of mechanizm, and there should be a sliding channel attached to top of glass ? At least now I know what to look for.

1929luv

I have one that i bought for an upholstery pattern and the man that i bought if from did know how to take it out and broke the arms.  It came out of '30 ply.  Might make a good one maybe.  I dont have it at my shop right now to look at but let me know if you need one and i will look at it again when over a upholstery shop.  Good luck Craig

Tinkeys

Thank you Craig !
                      When you come across it are you able to take a picture of it Thanks Tony.

Tinkeys

Hi all !
I now have a wind screen winder mechanism , it's all jammed and will require new gears, is there a place to get gears or does the whole mechanism need to be sent to USA as I am Down Under !

Doug

I just bought a regulator for a 29 Pontiac, It is all steel construction, no pot metal, It fits in the space over the winshield, all I have to do is rout out the wood to let it sit flat. Best of all the crank handle is very similar to the Plymouth. I will post some pics ti night

Doug

I got the Pontiac regulator in, Fit with a little routing in the wood header. Works great. To the Plymouth out for a ride last night, the air feels good.

Tinkeys

Hi Doug !
The one i got looks like bottom photo !

Doug

Yea, The bottom one is Plymouth, It has pot metal and is very easy to break, The top one is from a 29 Pontiac, All Steel, fits wright in with just a little routing in the wood, Got this from eBay for $90 bucks. There are sevral cars late 20's early 30's that used these cranks. Find a steel one, Make it fit, better than pot metal cheaper than getting one rebuilt. once it's in know one can tell

Doug

How has anyone else gotten their windshield to work. I couldn't find anyone to repair my gears. Just wondering

Tinkeys

I am in the process of getting gears made in Australia not sure of cost yet!

Tinkeys

Hi all !!
Today will be picking up new gearset i had cast from alumium for wind up windscreen, i should have that mechanism back together in a few weeks

Tinkeys

Hi all !!
Got some parts in alumium cast for windsreen winder just need some spare time to put it together !