• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Reproduction Handles

Started by 29UJohn, January 14, 2017, 09:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankp

All the 30U handles have the same pattern, but are slightly smaller than Q, U.  They are made of more substantial metal (don't know type) than who knows what.  The diameter of the base is smaller and consequently so is id of escutcheon.  Q, U escutcheons are interchangeable, but not with 30U.

If you have enough material in headliner to go lower, there might be enough to go higher and give you the room you need.
frank p

racertb

Frank - what do your roadster handles look like, specifically the interior handles?

frankp

Hi Ted,  I don't know if they are correct.  There are a number of things that aren't right, bt will save that for another day.

John,  Another dimensional question which I should have thought of before, the base should be 11/16" diameter for the Q, U handles.  Is this what Mike has?  The 30U is closer to 19/32."

Thanks,
frank
frank p

29UJohn

I'll have to get back to him on the size of the bases.  Otherwise Mike Butters handle dimensions matched what you stated.

BTW - Regarding running board rubber and floor mats, I found what Jeff Button states is the correct running board matting.  It is sold by Restoration Supply Co in California.  I do not know what the correct floor mat style is.  From the picture in the Instruction Book it looks like plain ribs.  I haven't got a response from the Tech.
John
1929U 4 Dr

frankp

John,
Regarding the handles, the length is the same for all 3 years.  The 30U are narrower with the stronger metal.

For the running board mat, a picture and or part number would be very helpful.

As Chet said, safe travels.  Thanks,
frank
frank p

29UJohn

Thanks!

Will do on the part number and picture.  I am traveling for work and will post the information when I get back home.
John
1929U 4 Dr

29UJohn

Vintage Reproductions send me an outside handle that is a perfect match and fit, except that the square shaft was a few thousandths too thick, but that was easily rectified by filing a little.

The cost was $150 in Australian dollars.  My total cost including shipping was $134.30. The part number is CHY-026.  They also have it in a locking handle for $350, part number CHY-027.

Vintage Reproductions is located in Australia.
Web site: http://www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com/
US Representatives for purchases: Tom and Cindy Meyers at:  myersedp@aol.com
Ph: 734-856-1207

They can also reproduce our hubcaps, but we would need a good set for them to use as a model and a commitment for orders for 16.
John
1929U 4 Dr

racertb