• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Looking for a Picture of...

Started by chetbrz, July 11, 2007, 02:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

Looking for a Picture of an engine hand crank for the 1929 Plymouth.  Most important is the correct size of the crank and would need a picture of the end that attaches to the motor. 

Reason,

I see these from time to time in all types of places including Antique Stores.  Basically I need to know what a Plymouth Engine crank looked like so that I can recognize one when I see it.  There are a half a dozen engine cranks on eBay but most people don't know for sure what car they were for.  Just something they found in the barn or the garage.

Any help would be appreciated,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

mopardave

Chet:  I can take a pic of the one for my '28 if that will help.
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

George29

Chet:
I have a crank that came with my car. I took some pictures but could not get them attached, not sure what I'm doing wrong. The crank is a total of 29 inches long.
From the tip that fits into the car it is 24in to the first bend then 8in to the handle and the handle is 5in long. It is 3/4in in diameter. If you can help with the picture I'd be glad to send them or send me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail them to you.

George

chetbrz

George,

Bill on the POC forum wrote this to me about removing the rear hubs.  I haven't tryed it but I thought you might be interested:

Hi Chet, back in the 60's an old guy helped me with mine being a young guy at the time. The part he used was a threaded piece of steel. It has inside threads and a 4 inch stock to tap a rubber or wood mallet on the end. It pushes the axle in about 3'4 to 1 inch. and the wood wheel and hub fall off. I have always used this tool to take the back hubs off my axles. I may be able to send you a picture to you email address.

Also found this referenced post on the AACA ( Tks, Jim )

Another method to remove a wheel is to:
If you are removing the driver side rear wheel, jack up the passenger side wheel.
Use a wheel knocker on the end of the axle or screw the nut out until it is even with the end of the axle.
Now, hit the end of the axle/nut on the driver's side and the wheel should come loose on the axle.

Jack

My email address is in my profile but I will post it here:  chetbrz@aol.com

George or Dave a picture would be great especially the end that goes into the motor.  I saw a crank for a Fargo truck and it was a T pin. ???

Also it appears that the upload picture function of this site isn't working.  I will check into this over the weekend.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

mopardave

I haven't taken any pics yet, but I can tomorrow if you still need them.
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

mopardave

Chet, I e-mailed you a couple pics.  Let me know if they are what you want.

chetbrz

Thanks Dave,

The pictures are great.  By the way,... nice cars. 

PS the Photo album board was a down and easy way to setup a photo section but I am working on real photo album software like some of the free photo sites only with out the advertisement.  Maybe if I can get the lead out that will be available at some point in the future and will be a nice asset to the site.

Tks,  Chet...

mopardave

Let me know Chet if you need any additional pics.

chetbrz

Quote from: mopardave on July 14, 2007, 06:26:31 PM
Let me know Chet if you need any additional pics.

Dave, It appears that I didn't receive the pictures of the crank unless it was removed from my mail as spam.  If you sent it to my work email that is what likely happened.  Send to:  chetbrz@aol.com or post on the forum.

Tks, Chet...

George29

Chet:

I sent some picures to the e-mail listed above. Let me know if you got them and if they are what you are looking for. The guy I bought my 29 from claimed this is the right crank.

George

mopardave

mopardave

Chet the pics are in the photo gallery