• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Pin Striping the 1929 Plymouth Coupe

Started by SDGlenn, March 31, 2011, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDGlenn

How you all doing? I am down to getting ready to pin stripe the 1929 Plymouth Coupe. Can anybody tell me where the pin striping goes? Does it follow the moldings, where the paint colors come together? How about the lower stripes also? and how wide are they, less than 1/4 inch? If someone can describe the process to me I sure need the help. All the pictures I find do not show a good pictue of the pin striping where I can make out where they are located. I posted this on the POC Site also, I need all the help I can get. lol
Thanks
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Hi Glen !
I to have to find out same info !
I do know that pin strip is very thin approx. 2 or 3mm and follows the inner side of mould shape on body , upper and lower side .
When I come across a picture I have somewhere I will post it for you. I also like your choice of colours keep up the good work !

Gary 30U

Hi Guys, If your not in a big hurry I will get some closeups of this 28 sedan (an all original car), and see if we can tell where the pin stiping goes.

I am tied up being at the Portland Swap Meet until Sunday.

Let me know.

Gary

SDGlenn

SDGlenn

mopardave

I have high resolution pics of my car that shows the striping, but I think you would need electronic copies of the originals to blow them up enough to get what you need.  With some e-mail addresses, I would be glad to send them to you.  You can reach me at mopardave@aol.com
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

SDGlenn

Thanks Mopardave, would apprciate those pictures. I got some paint on the car today, and need to touch up a few places. It is a little cool up here to be painting and I had a few (repeat "few") runs.lol Attach a pic, so you can see how far I have gotten, hope to drive it by the time the snow is gone, a nother 2 weeks posibly.
Thanks,
SD Glenn

larsong@wat.midco.net
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Looking real good Glen !
I think I should hire you to paint my car .
Getting 30u road register Monday morning (tomorrow) can't wait !!!!

SDGlenn

I always wanted to travel to down under. lol
Some day I am going to get there.
Take care
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

mopardave

I will measure the stripe width on my car today and post it here.
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

mopardave

The width of the stripe on my car is 1/16 inch.

mopardave

SDGlenn

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the info.  I am sanding the car with 1000 grit paper, then I'll give it one more coat. THEN I will be ready to Pin Strip, (and get the tires on,) hope my hand is steady enough for pin striping. lol  May have to get my youngest daughter to help with this task. lol (I don't see any snow in that picture dave. lol)
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

mopardave

that picture was taken last summer, Glenn.  Yesterday's snow is just about all gone today.

chetbrz

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

SDGlenn

Update on my Painting and pin stripping. I am in the "fix a screw up" cycle now. LOL   I did the paint job, then the sanding with 1000 grit paper, then realized I did not let the sheet metal warm up enough in the morning before painting, and if you know SD the temperatures are pretty low this time of the year, therefore, sagging paint and orange peal. I have it pretty well sanded down again so by this weekend, hopefully, I'll be finished with another coat of paint. lol I'll let the heater run from now on, until I'm done painting. So much for that.....
SD Glenn
SDGlenn