• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Interior Light '29 Ply I.D. ?

Started by 29plycoop, April 11, 2011, 11:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

29plycoop

??? Can anyone tell if this is the correct interior light housing for a 1929 Plymouth?  It is 4 3/4 in. outside and approx. 3 1/2 in. where the lens fits.  There is a switch that you rotate to turn it on,  at the base of the bulb socket.  If it is does anyone have a photo of the lens for it?  I would be interested in a spare if one is available.  Please email details, Thanks - Rich
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

SDGlenn

I don't have one either, I want one. lol  After Rich gets satisfied, if anyone has extra I would be interested in a complete light.  I didn't know there was even one available.... Thanks
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

mopardave

That looks like the light in my '28.  I can't get a pic until I get the car out....if it ever stops raining!
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

1929luv

thats the same light i have in my '29 and might have another will check.  Or one real, real close.  Craig

29plycoop

Craig, Thanks for all the replys. My car did not have the interior light installed but this fixture was in the spare box parts that came with my car.  I didn't know if it was correct or not. From the replys it must be the right one. Thanks for looking and please send details if you find the possible spare lens you may have. Thanks - Rich

Jim Yergin

I don't know if it will expand the possible sources or not, but that looks exactly like the overhead interior light in my 1941 Plymouth woodie.
Jim Yergin

29plycoop

Still trying to locate a lens for the overhead interior light for my '29 Ply Coupe. Any leads are much appreciated. See photos above.  Thanks - Rich

1929luv

Rich I have one I found in my extra 29 plymouth parts.  I will e-mial you picture if interested.  I want 35.00 for it plus shipping thanks Craig

29plycoop

Craig - Thanks for searching for the spare interior lens you have. As mentioned in your reply,  please send a photo and dimensions of the lens. If it fits the holder I have I am interested. Also I am still looking for a set of mounts for the front bumper for my '29 Ply Coupe if you have any leads. - Rich   email fishn@centurytel.net

1929luv

The lens is the same as my original lenz in my interior light.  It measures 3 1/2 inches.  It does have 3 nicks in it on side that can not be seen.  Thanks Craig

29plycoop

Craig - Looks like a nice interior lens, so send details as to how you want me to pay for it. I can pay with Paypal, money order or check as you wish.  What holds the lens in the housing? Thank you - Rich