• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Taken 30U for a drive just made it back!!

Started by Tinkeys, May 06, 2011, 07:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkeys

Took 30U sedan for a 20 minute return trip after work because just had to have a drive, about 5 minutes from home stopped at traffic lights brake pedal started sinking, I knew this is not good so drove rest of way trying not to use brakes, when I checked under car found that R/Rear copper brake pipe had split next to wheel cylinder, looks as I will have to replace all copper pipes as I can't trust it happening again

mopardave

Been there, done that.  Rear brake line also.  It's a good thing they aren't fast cars!
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

SDGlenn

Just curious, has anybody ever tryed to use the modern Steel brake lines? I thought I would try that if I have those problems, but if anyone has all ready tryed I would like to know how it turned out.  Thanks
It is still fun to drive these , even with a few problems. lol

SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Hi Glen !
I am going to use stainless steel tubing with stainless outer spring around tubing just like original except smaller in diameter it will out last me and the car I am sure !!