• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Tools

Started by 1930, June 13, 2011, 08:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice looking set of tools there Glen, I dont see anything specifically related to a Plymouth toolkit but nonetheless there are some treasures there, I especially like the little crecent wrench last picture down all the way in R corner. If you get what tools you would like to sell together I would reccoment this site....http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php   There you will find lots of nice people interested in buying trading and identifying tools.
Jason Anderson

ALS30U

I have afew wrenches that cme with my 30U. Here is a pic of them.

AL

ALS30U

I forgot to mention that the open end wrench has a #5 on it.
AL

Great Pict. Als30U Thank-you for that, can you give me an approximate length on the hub-cap wrench and does it fit the hub-cap?
Jason Anderson

mopardave

These are the tools that came with my car:

All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

That is great Dave, would it be possible to get some more details from you concerning the tools. Maybe we can exchange e-mail? What I am doing is collecting measurements and any identifying marks so that future owners can put togther their own kit if they desire.
Looks like a Monroe pump to me for example part # 12520 which may be stamped on the collar just below the handle, might also be a patent date on same collar. ( Just an example of what I am needing )
Hard to tell is that a square shank screwdriver, length would be helpfull along with a closer pict.
I am going to take a guess here and say your lug wrench is approx 15 1/2 long, can you confirm this?
Is that an Ajax jack, what is stamped into it other than maybe Ajax? Length fully closed
Grease gun, Alemite?? What is the model # and the last patent date?
Length of pump fully closed 19 5/8 approx?
Need length of crank assuming it fits your car
Hub cap wrench appears correct as well, overall length would be nice
I have been asking people to lay the tools down individually with a tape measure starting at one end as a referance point and then snap a pict and tell me measurement.
Are you able to do this? Thanks again
Jason Anderson

mopardave

Sure, I can do that.  They are in a toolbox mounted on the driver's running board.  I wrap them individually so they don't rattle.  you can e-mail me at mopardave@aol.com

All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

Great, working on a grocery list now, thanks
Jason Anderson