• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Front engine mount

Started by imoore, August 20, 2012, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imoore

Hi all.
I have noticed that the front engine mount is stuffed. rubber has gone hard and starting to fall apart. Also the engine pulley is very close to touching the cross member.
I am going to get it re rubbered. But just thought could someone tell me how high the rubber is supposed to be between the 2 plates.

I had to lift the engine up to remove the belt. Its dropped that far.

Ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

frankp

Hi Ian,

The best measurement from my 29U sedan is 1.25 " of the rubber itself, that is, not including mounting plates.  I know I replaced rubber and have no recall of where I got info on thickness.

Good luck!
frank
frank p

imoore

Thanks frank
will get one made up

Tinkeys

Had similar issue with 30u and lined up crank hole with pulley (lower)
Since found a new old stock !
Cheers Tony

29UJohn

Tom Hannaford can take yours and put new rubber in it. It is vulvanized.  He fixed mine and it fit perfectly.  Google the Antique Auto Cellar, or Then and Now Autos.
John
1929U 4 Dr

imoore

Well i removed the mount. I'd say it has been changed since as it had screws holding a chunk of rubber to the plates. It turns out i need to make a new plate as the bottom one is all cracked.

imoore

Ended up getting a new mount from Then and Now Automotive. Cost me $65 Posted.
Was a lot cheaper than getting mine re-vulcanised locally.

Ian

chetbrz

Ian,

Then and Now Automotive re-vulcanized my front mount and I believe the cost was $65.  For all I know maybe they sent me a new one. Anyway it worked great.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

imoore

I have received the new mount.. Fits brilliently, very happy with it. It has lifted the engine about 15mm. Now i have to modify accelerator linkages.

If anyone is in the need of one, THEN AND NOW AUTO have them and are of great quality, cost me 60 buck to my door (international postage)

Ian