• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

What Spark Plugs Are You Using?

Started by racertb, October 31, 2013, 10:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

Greetings:

Just an informal poll of what spark plugs you are using in your Plymouth's...feel free to state why you like what you're using over another brand/type you may have tried.

I'm currently running AC Delco C87's, but have long used Champion D16's.  Not sure if there is really any difference at all.

Ted

frankp

Hi Ted,

I've been using the Champion D16 or their equivalent for many years in my '29.  Put new in this summer and believe they are now called 516.  Seems to start, run ok, but have nothing to compare.

frank
frank p

29UJohn

I am also using the AC C87.  I like using AC since the original plugs were AC.  The AC C87 is a hotter plug than the Champion D16 (which I used for years) and I think it reduces fouling and runs a little better.  Our cars came originally with AC G12 plugs, but the G14 plugs were also used for the same reason, they are a hotter plug that tends to reduce fouling. I have a set of original AC G14 plugs but have been waiting to use them.
John
1929U 4 Dr