• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

George29 Any luck with the rear wheel ???

Started by chetbrz, July 16, 2007, 08:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

George,  Did you see this post.

Bill on the POC forum wrote this to me about removing the rear hubs.  I haven't tryed it but I thought you might be interested:

Hi Chet, back in the 60's an old guy helped me with mine being a young guy at the time. The part he used was a threaded piece of steel. It has inside threads and a 4 inch stock to tap a rubber or wood mallet on the end. It pushes the axle in about 3'4 to 1 inch. and the wood wheel and hub fall off. I have always used this tool to take the back hubs off my axles. I may be able to send you a picture to you email address.

Also found this referenced post on the AACA ( Tks, Jim )

Another method to remove a wheel is to:
If you are removing the driver side rear wheel, jack up the passenger side wheel.
Use a wheel knocker on the end of the axle or screw the nut out until it is even with the end of the axle.
Now, hit the end of the axle/nut on the driver's side and the wheel should come loose on the axle.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

George29

Chet:

Still don't have the rear wheels off but have not had a chance to try this suggestion.
Will try it tonight and see what happons.

Thanks
George