• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Repairing or making wire bead edging for gaurds

Started by Tinkeys, May 08, 2011, 08:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkeys

Does anyone know the process or steps to form wire beads on guards ?

SDGlenn

Tony, I don't even know what guards are, or wire beads??? What are they?.  I am probable a little dense.... Not that I know how to answer you, just curious.

SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

The outer edges of mud guards have a wire rolled under sheet metal edge I suppose it's to put more stiffness in guard edges .

Tinkeys

Are Glen !
The picture of your car looks so much better against your name.

SDGlenn

Hi Tony, Been a while. I didn't quite understand your last post???
Anyhow, I have been a bit busy. Spring is here, how do I know? The Crappies are in the Bay, the boys are catching them by the dozen, about 13-14 inches long, makes a nice fry pan full. LOL Crappies spawn in the bay every year, so in the spring we get our fill of fresh fish.
I installed seat belts in the Plymouth today, and a CD Player. I hid the CD player good, and the speakers too, so no one can tell if I have one, unless its turned on. lol Now that the turn signals are working right I have been enjoying driving the car, I have put close to 200 miles on it this week, just around the lake and into town. It sure does drive and handle nice, I was thinking about shock absorbers but I don't need them. Doesn't go fast enough. lol... Having a good ole time thou. lol.
Later guys
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

aussieQ

Hi Tinkeys,

Been a while since I've been on this site. hoping to be able to be more involved in the future. Are you still looking for infomation on wire beading of mudguards? I saw some infomation on CD a couple of years ago. I'll try and track it down.

Regards

Gary

Tinkeys

Hi Gary !
Yes still interested in info to wire bead gaurds .

aussieQ

Hi Tinkeys,

Check out the website below. Peach and Tommasini (Master body builders) have produced a 6 CD set on metal working. No 5 in the set is on wire beading a guard. You may also find their DVD's on Ebay.

http://www.pitstop.net.au/view/whats-new-last-28-days/page/query/plu/20977

Also Google: peach and tommasini. You will find a number of you tube videos on their work.

I think you are also in Melbourne (as I am), so is their workshop. They run classes in metal working. They also run information nights for various car clubs. I went over with the Chrysler Restorers club last year. Very informative. They have modern equipment, but prefer doing things the old way by hand.

Regards

Gary

Tinkeys

Thanks for that info Gary it's quite helpful ,I have been checking them out !

Tinkeys

Just bought a bead roller from a company called Hare & Forbes in Dandenong just got to master it !
It's not as easy as it looks but I will have fun giving it a go.

aussieQ

The bead roller sounds interesting. can you post some pictures of it?

Tinkeys

Here is a picture of bead roller that I have to learn to master !!!!

aussieQ

Thanks,

You'll have to post a picture of the results when you master it.