• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

distributor bracket

Started by Steve, April 07, 2013, 05:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I have 2 chryslers and a maxwell. Can anyone tell me what  other 1920 cars have a right angle distributor bracket. They were made of inferior metal and fall to bits. NOW...the reason I ask is because I have gone to a lot of trouble to wax clone the original. I have also beefed it up and  it will be in limited production very soon. They will be made of recycled aluminium.

chetbrz

Steve,

I am not sure if this makes a difference but the Maxwell engine was only used in the Plymouth 28Q and only for about a 6 month period.  I am not sure if the Plymouth engine that follow the Maxwell used the same distributor assembly with the same form, fit, & function.

Maybe someone else on this forum knows more about this ?

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

westaus29

the Maxwell and Plymouth 28Q have the same casting, but the 29U is sort of mirror image. When you bolt a 28Q casting on a 29U tming cover the distributor would point down instead of up, as I found out when I was putting mine together the first time! I havent seen another model car with the same casting.
regards
Jim

SDGlenn

Jim, Steve.  I had the same fit problem as Jim had, the distributor does not work hanging down. lol .  The 28Q is opposite from the 29U. I did get an original from Merrill Berkhiemer. I replaced the one I had built for the "New" one, now I trust the ole Plymouth to travel A bit farther from home. lol  Good luck.
SDGlenn
SDGlenn