• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Chris.., How is your 28 coming.?

Started by chetbrz, July 25, 2008, 11:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Satillite70

Sorry to have been out of touch, but I have had so much fun driving the 28 I haven't done anything else, including checking in on the computer!!

Seriously though I have driven it about 12 times now, about 30min each way was the longest trip, but with the leaking head gasket and mild oil burning I don't want to push my luck.  I plan to do a partial overhaul of the motor this fall/winter.  I have received the complete gasket set from Gasket City.  Need to find rings, etc. now.

At the Sussex Flea Market I met up with a 1927 Dodge Brother's owner that drove the car across North America and back after a restoration in about 1975!  He is an avid Mopar gearhead and is checking to see if he has anything for my car in his collection.  Picked up a matched pair of 1928 New Brunswick lates to compliment my car as well.  I found loads of vintage door handles but none of Plymouth Q variety, though got a few leads.

The fellow I bought the car from was in work the other day and we had a little chat, he is going to drop by sometime for a cruise as he lives a bit far away for me to drive the car there in it's present running condition... I won't even take it out if there is a chance of rain either...

The crowds and passer-by's love the car and the arrroooghhaa horn too.

That's it for now, it's after midnight and I have to get some sleep.

Chris

chetbrz

This weekend I was fighting a chest cold so instead of working on my 48 I decided to stay home and fool around with the 29.  In the morning I greased her and installed a vintage Arrroooghaa horn that I picked up on eBay.   It is an EA Mileaway Model "S", made by E. A. Laboratories Inc. Brooklyn, N. Y.  It was in great shape and works like new.

Anyway I drove from Sterling to my daughter's house in Leesburg which is about a 30 mile round trip.  A car passed me which had a little old lady who looked to be 95 if she was a day.  She was grinning from ear to ear and really light up when I hit the Arrroooghaa horn.  She waved frantically and smiled as she probably recalled a few interesting memories of her youth which my car awakened. 

Dropped the wife off at my daughter's house and headed home.

I certainly understand your enthusiasm for driving.

I plan on taking the car to work tomorrow.  No rain in the forecast.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member