• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

replacement carb

Started by Rusty, January 13, 2010, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

I have a orginial carb but that plan on setting on the self and use a Model A carb as the driver carb.  Which one is "better" for the plymouth   Tillotson or Zenith?  Does it matter?  Which fits better?  rusty

chetbrz

Rusty,

I currently have a Tillotson on my car.  Off hand I don't know the model number and it works just fine.  The only problem is that this particular carburetor orients the air cleaner in the wrong direction.  Not really a problem but I thought I would mention it.  I recently picked up a NOS Universal Zenith single barrel updraft carb manufactured in the late 50's or 60's.  It gives you a lot of latitude for adjusting the gas mixture since it was manufactured to fit most single port updraft applications from trackers to autos.  I have yet to install the carb so I can't really comment but it also should work just fine.  Air filter orientation is correct on this one.

Happy hunting,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Doug

When I got my 30U it had a tillotson on it. It is pointed the right way. Didn't have any filter on it. I made my own bracket to use a regular air filter. Works very well.