• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Choke and Spark Advance Controls and Cables

Started by racertb, September 24, 2015, 02:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

Hi All:

Can anyone send me a dash photo with their choke and and spark advance knobs/controls?  I'm thinking of getting new cables with the controls that are labeled.  My car only has chrome controls with no labels.

Thanks...

Old Man

I believe there's a guy in the Plymouth Club,Floyd Carlstrom, who sells the cables and the right paper stickers for the ends. Although I recommend as soon as you get then you go to a sign shop and them repro'd in vinyl for longevity.

Crazydave

Choke cable is worn smooth. I can get a more clear picture next time I'm at it. Had this one on Photobucket, didn't look that blurry until I posted it.

racertb

Thanks for the photo Dave!

I sent Floyd an email the other day asking to see what these would look like for our cars.  The only reply was a link to his site, which I previously saw to get his email address.  I asked him again if he could show me specifically since the site showed a general looking/generic knobs and labels (I didn't tell him they looked generic). 

No reply and absolutely no help.  I'd kind of like to know what I'm getting before I lay out any money.  By the way, I didn't see anywhere on the site anything like the photo Dave provided, so who knows if he had it or not.  I guess he doesn't need the sale.

frankp

Here is what Floyd was selling a few years back.  New knobs and cables, but you can see they are a bit different than original.
frank p

racertb

Thanks Frank.  They look good.  I'll think about it some more, or just keep what I have.