• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

FEDCO Plate Restore

Started by frankp, August 26, 2016, 03:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankp

I've been looking at this poor plate for the last 51 years and decided to take some action after looking at Dave's.  Unfortunately I don't have a before shot.  It's not perfect, but you be the judge.

I took black gloss enamel and sprayed into plastic container.  Using a small, fine brush, I attempted to paint the shallow areas and wiped the high areas with a paper towel.  It is encouraging how it allows the letters and numbers to be read, especially the "8."  The chrome/nickel isn't perfect, but at least most of it survived the elements.

(Chet, you really need to get that 48 some exercise and have some fun.  Pack a picnic basket and take your wife for a drive!)

frank p

chetbrz

Frank, Your FEDCO plate restore looks great.  Another thing to put on my list to try. 

The weather here has been so brutally hot and humid but the good news is that cooler weather is on the horizon.  Its just been a very busy summer for us.  I am finally caught up on all our construction and repair projects.  I just finished straightening out the garage and finally have room to move around again.  Definitely start on the 29 this fall. 

I hope things in your neck of the woods are fine, those poor people in Louisiana, I can't imagine dealing with that flooding.  I guess you do whatever needs to be done.

Cheers, Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

frankp

Thanks, Chet.

I had no idea of your miserable weather this summer.  We've had periods of heavy rain and some underpass flooding, but nothing to compare with the Brazos in Texas or what happened in Baton Rouge area.  It really is hard to fathom and my heart goes out to those folks.

I'll say the space you have in your garage will rapidly disappear once you begin working on your 29.  Well, that's what happened to me, lol.  Keep us posted.

frank
frank p

chetbrz

Frank,

I know what you mean about the clutter once you start.  I have a 12' X 24' out building that I am cleaning out now.  Since I started this clean up project I have cataloged my car parts into a database with row/rack/and bin locations so that I can find stuff again.  My biggest problem is finding stuff when I need it.  Of course the 24' shed is full of 48 parts including two engines.  A 1948 Dodge 230 and a Model 30U which is a fresh rebuild and a couple of transmissions.  It's taking time to do all this but in the long run it will save countless hours.  Not to mention more free space to work or store stuff in.

Oh well, As Ross Pero would say "Are you going to talk about it.., or are you going to do it."  I guess I should get back to work.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member