• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

clutch removal

Started by Rusty, November 15, 2009, 01:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

Is there  a trick to removal?  I have the trans out along with the throw out bearin  but can not seem to get the clutch out.  I removed all the bolts but the it seems that the center of the clutch plate itself (spline center) is getting caught on the flywheel and I do not seem to have enough room to drop them.  I had to remove one of the fingers of the pressure plate to drop it down to get around the fulrum arm.  I can see how that arm could be removed with the clutch still in place.  It is just brute force?? 
rusty

It appears to be oil soaked also.

1929luv

rusty

On mine i took the clutch arm shaft out after taking the clutch peddle off and removing the two bolts on the drivers side that hold the bushing in. after you do that it all comes right out.  i would put bolts back in the clutch plate to hold it out of the way.  Good luck Craig

Rusty

That worked nice.  I was making it much harder than it needed to be.  I noticed that the brake pedal has a insert bushing which fit nice and tight but I have not found any grease fittings on the pedals.  It has a large amount of dried grease/dirt on the pedals.  I like the fact that there is basicly no linkage.  rusty

1929luv

Rust
There are no greese fitting on mine.  I just greased mine up well when putting it togehter with a good assembly grease and then oil them sometime down the road glad it worked out for you Craig