• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Hubcap for 1929 Plymouth

Started by SDGlenn, March 15, 2011, 11:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDGlenn

Would someone, post a picture of the face of 1929 model hubcap, a close up? I am trying to make a cap that is as close to original as possible, my caps are so beat up I can't get a good reference from them. I will use the back parts and replace the face.  Thanks,
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Hi Glen !
I can post a pic of a 30u cap not sure if it is the same though . can do it sometime after friday as i am not home.

SDGlenn

Yes, Thank you, I think I know what they look like, if they are the same I can use it. Thanks again.
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

29roadster

Hi Glenn

There is a couple on E bay and one of them was cast in Australia????? I did contact the seller to find out where but still waiting on a reply
Cheers Glenn

Gary 30U

I will try to shed some light on the questions of hub caps according to what I read in my parts book.

The number 1 in the picture should be for the Q and U (up to GP-725-H).

The number 2 in the picture should be for the U (after GP-725-H) and the 30-U (up to 1558573).

The number 3 in the picture should be for the 30-U after 1558573 and the PA.

The number 4 in the picture is used on the rear axle, when you use the Hub Cover, on the 30-U after 1558573 or the PA.

I hope this answers some of the questions people might have about Hub Caps.

Gary

Gary 30U

Glenn, I like your idea of removing the face of the cap and repairing it or replacing it. Probably a great way to repair them. Just carefully cut around the outside, do the repair and reweld it back together. File it down and buff it up and your ready to go.

If you want, I have a set of four of the number 2 caps that I can part with. Just send me an email at chiefgr@hotmail.com and I will send you pictures of the caps, and we can discuss price.

Gary

SDGlenn

Hey, Gary. I also have one cap (picture attached) of a loner (only have one) Do you have any idea what it is?
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Hi Guys !
Just wondering if that cap is of a terra plane looks a bit like a letter T"

Gary 30U

Glenn, I think I have one like that, or I did at one point, not sure what it was for.

Gary

29roadster

Hey Glenn
Looks like your dog liked it.   Glenn

SDGlenn

SDGlenn

29roadster

Hi Glenn
Went to a vintage car show on the weekend and there was a realy nice 1930 Chrysler it had hubcaps the same as yours. I would drop a pic in but i can't remember how to, when i work it out i will post one?
Glenn

1929luv

this is a chrysler cap from 29-30 i have some tooo!!! They fit plymouth but not right. Good luck and thanks for previs info on caps very helpful  thanks Craig

SDGlenn

Gary, I sent you an e-mail a while back (18 Mar), never did hear back from you, had you already sold the 4 caps you had? number 2 on your picture.
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Gary 30U

Sorry Glen, didn't get your email. Yes I still have the caps.

chiefgr@hotmail.com

Gary