• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Install of New Horn Wire in '29 Plymouth Coupe

Started by 29plycoop, April 13, 2011, 11:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

29plycoop

Installing a new horn wire in my '29 Plymouth Coupe sounds easy but turned out to be more then it sounds.  After reviewing the earlier threads available in the forum, first removed the light switch and switch lug at the bottom of the steering column.  The steering wheel levers were broken off on my car so wanted to remove and work on them also. TRIED to pull both levers and rods out of the steering column but the roof got in the way as the rods are longer then there is room inside to pull them out.  So! got the 3 inch hole saw and put a removal hole in the roof to get them out.  ::) (not really)    So! While remembering a earlier thread that suggested unbolted the steering box and let the steering wheel drop down to get the rods out.  Must have been a sedan because that didn't work.  With the steering box bolts out, turned the wheels to the left to lay the steering wheel to the right a little, thinking it would give me the needed space to pull the rods.  That didn't work either.  As there was only one thing in the way to make this an easy job, removed the rear window glass and the rods with the horn wire came right out.  Changed the horn wire and I had a ball!  This may help the Plymouth/Dodge/Desoto coupe owners.  Now on to the steering wheel control levers, next on the "to do list".  Happy Motoring!!!! - Rich

Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.