• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

play

Started by Rusty, August 01, 2011, 08:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

My 4 door has 73,000 miles (at least that is when the speedo broke) and I have a question to people with younger cars.  If you put the transmission lever in 3 rd gear, how much play is there at the gear shift knob?  Mine has about 6 inches side play .  The problem is if I have someone in the front passenger seat.  I always hit their left knee with the gear lever as it swings over to the passenger side so much when I shift. 

rusty

SDGlenn

Rusty, I had the same problem, give me a call and come on over some time, I can show you what causes the problem. (2-0571)
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

29roadster

Hi Rusty

I can't see a problem with that if you got a nice girl in the passengers seat :-)  cheers Glenn

SDGlenn

Hey Glenn, I never could get that pretty girl in the seat next to me, so I decided to fix my sloppy shifter.  Rusty, I just got to thinking.... (stange for me) I have an extra transmission, I took it apart. The shift leaver has the same problem you have, you can fix this one if you want and give me back the one from your car later on.
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Rusty

I would like to take a look inside of a transmission with out me pulling mine out.  Are you around this sunday afternoon?
rusty