• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

new roof

Started by imoore, October 28, 2013, 05:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imoore

Hi all,
Just got the ply back from trimmer. Its taken 2 years to finally have an all weather car.
She looks great, very happy with his work.. The car is far from finished but just another step closer.

Ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

SDGlenn

It sure is looking good  Ian, Congrates.  Now, stay away from all those fires you guys are having. It looks pretty green where you are, must be a ways away from the worst fires. What do you all have for chrome shops down there?  We don't have very many of them here, or I haven't found them yet........... I need some done also.  Take care of you.
SDGlenn
SDGlenn

frankp

Ian,  Very nice!  frank
frank p

Old Man

Australia is a continent. It's like asking someone in New York to stay away from the brush fires in California.

racertb

aussieQ

Hi Ian,

Well Done. Looks Impressive!

The only problem is that it will now take the fun out of those club runs during thunderstorms. The sight of seeing you motoring along with water flowing down the brim of your hat was priceless.
Hope you realise you now need wipers. The roof makes it impossible to reach over the top of the windshield to squeegee it. ;D

Gary S

PS. As "Old Man" pointed out Australia is close to the size of the USA. The current fires in NSW are around 500 Miles from Melbourne (in the next state to us), but it looks like we are in for a long hot bush fire period this coming summer.

chetbrz

Really nice Ian, enjoy your car it's looking good.  I pick up my 48 Plymouth from the painter tomorrow.  This is the second time it's getting painted.  There were problems with the paint after a year and the painter took the entire car back down to the metal and reprimed it and new finish coat.  Second time is the charm & no charge.   :o

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

imoore

Thanks guys,
Gary, That was one of those days that i will always remember. was a great day out. even with heavy rain. I am currently looking for a 6v wiper to fit. but there is now a problem with rear visibility. So a mirror on the right is gonna be necessary. Just not sure where to locate it. Tristan and I leave for beauford (ballarat) friday morning. So gonna see how she goes.

Chet That would be a pain hope it all goes well for u. At least you dont need to pay for the second time.     
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine