General Category > General Discussion

Dave's 1929 U Resto project

<< < (9/25) > >>

29plycoop:
Thanks for the internals to the ignition switch. Very interesting. That pot metal is a real pain on all parts made with it. I managed to get my switch to work with a file and dielectric grease but it is a little tight.

Crazydave:

Dash is complete as it should be. Car runs with the original coil. Generator and ammeter have been wired back into the circuit and with a short test everything appears to be working, get a discharge when cranking and when the coil is keyed on. Also shows charging up to around 10,11 while revving. That is all the wiring I need to function for my goal of the Threshing show. All accessory's will remain out until rewired. 2 1/2 weeks remain!!

Crazydave:
Found a new brake reservoir..........

I'll make it work..............

Crazydave:
I brought them a box of rubble a week and a half ago, picked up these parts today.

Still using the original hardware

All parts where machined and sleeved with stainless. installation will start tomorrow...........

Crazydave:
Well I'm getting closer. Brakes are in, but not juiced.  Remember reply #16 ? Well the driver side rear axle is out, and the outer bearing was gone. Not even a sign of a roller left in the tube. ( I suspect from a previous inspection by someone, scooped out the wreckage) This damaged the inside bearing cup, which I had to have pressed off anyway, to measure/identify the bearing for replacement. So I have ordered all new cups and bearings since it is apart.

I'll post modern part numbers, the shop and cost if you guys want. I hope to cross reference that felt axle oil seal. Passenger side looks like it leaks, will be a winter project.
So I'll scramble to get this rig rolling, play with it for 3 weeks and then rip it all down again lol At least its easy.........................

I intend to update with pictures, tools and techniques but it takes time to pull them off the phone, host them and post them. I see I have some broken links to fix on the previous page as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version