I eased back into my project this
weekend by rebuilding my original carter carburetor. I
have had a Stromberg on the car ever since I fired up the
February 2005. The carburetor was pretty straight
forward to rebuild. First you need to disassemble
The carburetor was pretty
filthy and had a great deal of sediment inside. I used
a carburetor spray cleaner from Napa which worked great.
High pressure air and a paint gun cleaning kit to clean out
all the ports and crevices. Reassembled the carb with
it's new parts and viola !!! A rebuilt carter carb.
I installed it in the car,
cranked it a couple of times to fill the float chamber.
Pulled the choke and she fired right up. So far to
date the easiest repair I have made. Oh Well !!! back
to the yard work.